Monday, October 22, 2012

A little bit of life

Kia Ora!! Life is good, living is better, especially living for God. I am just so blessed. I have experienced a lot since I last updated this blog. I apologize for all who are following from home. I am planning on updating at least once a week. I have had a few struggles, but I can see that God is at work. I am getting settled into doing Mainly Music and I am trying to get a volunteer position at the local community center. I am also doing some research to find out what it will take to open a Christian preschool at our church here in Hamilton. Keep us in prayer, we might be getting an interim pastor come the first of January and it would be none other than my grandparents!!! I know crazy right?! They would stay through June and then hopefully there would be a pastor coming from Ireland to be full-time. I cannot believe that I have been here for six weeks already! I did begin to feel a bit homesick but there is no real cure except to keep active. Activity is not something I really have to worry about between life, ministry and homework. I am getting excited that our field trip is on the near horizon. God is painting the story of my life one stroke at a time and I am enjoying living each moment in awe of how each stroke is defining me. This weekend was labour weekend and I was truly honored to go Horoera with John and Moana Tautua and their children and Aunty Lisa :). We stayed and played at the Matahi Marae. It was such a wonderful learning experience for me to learn from everyone who belonged to that marae. For Moana and Lisa it was family. For me it became family. I truly love those I met this weekend. I have never felt more at home and as if I belonged. I went as Sarah from America and left as Sarah from Horoera. With so many to help me along the way I was able to learn the basic of the Maori culture. The culture is such a beautiful representation of how God is everywhere working before anyone who knew Him arrived. The proverbs that come out of the Maori culture and the beliefs of the Maoris are just incredible. My favorite proverb I learned this week was nou te rourou naku te rourou ka ora ai te iwi, which means if you bring your basket and I bring my basket we can feed the people. Is that not a statement that should define the lives of the Christian community. We should live a life that works in cooperation with fellow believers, as a family would, to provide for the lost and brokenhearted. I have been busy making friends in which to invest and who can provide the encouragement I need. God has been blessing me beyond measure. At times it is easy to feel lonely across the big ol' pond, but He shows up to prove He is there and that His provision is more than enough. I am loving the life that God has been leading me in and I am just so excited at the prospects of each new day. I love to learn and am learning to love. Life is a beautiful masterpiece in the making one that is not forgotten by those who experience the colors that shine through your words and actions and your being. So be the color creation that God intended you to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment